International Markets Business Unit
The International Markets Business Unit comprises the activities conducted by:
- ČSOB and ČSOB Poist’ovňa in Slovakia
- K&H Bank and K&H Insurance in Hungary
- UBB and DZI Insurance in Bulgaria
- KBC Bank Ireland
|Market position in 2019*|
|Insurance network||Various channels||Various channels||Various channels||-|
|Loan portfolio (in billions of EUR)||5||8||4||10|
|Deposits debt securities (in billions of EUR)||8||6||4||5|
|- Bank products||10%||10%||9%||9% (retail)|
|- Investment funds||13%||7%||16%||-|
|- Life insurance||3%||3%||23%||-|
- Non-life insurance
* Market shares and customer numbers: based on own estimates; when calculating the figure for customer numbers, account was taken of the overlap (roughly estimated) between the various companies in the group. Share for traditional bank products: average estimated market share for loans and deposits. Market share for life insurance: guaranteed-interest and unit-linked products (combined).
- To pursue an omnichannel distribution model in the Central European countries, with particular attention being paid to digital solutions. With a view to supporting commercial growth and enhancing the client experience, increased attention will also be paid to commercial leads. We are fully committed to implementing a ‘Digital First’ strategy in Ireland (see below).
- To simplify products and processes in all countries. This is being supported by a specific business transformation project and software. We are also striving to achieve additional synergies via shared service centres, competence centres and group projects.
- To become the undisputed leader in the area of innovation in Hungary. We are aiming to raise our profitability by targeting income through vigorous client acquisition in all banking segments and through more intensive cross-selling. We also aim to expand our insurance activities substantially, primarily through sales at bank branches and, for non-life insurance, via both online and traditional brokers.
- To maintain our robust growth in strategic products in Slovakia (i.e. home loans, consumer finance, SME funding, leasing and insurance), partly through cross-selling to CSOB group clients and via digital channels. Other priorities include the sale of funds and increased fee income.
- To focus – as regards the banking business in Bulgaria – on increasing our share of the lending market in all segments, while applying a robust risk framework. Our insurer, DZI, is likewise maintaining its goal of growing faster than the market in both life and non-life insurance, via the bank and other channels.
- To further implement our ‘Digital First’ strategy in Ireland in order to ensure an outstanding client experience. We aim to differentiate ourselves through the instant and proactive delivery of products and services and through a high level of accessibility (including mobile and contact centre). We will further develop our strong position in home loans and are fully committed, as in the other core countries, to bank-insurance.
- To implement a socially responsible approach in all countries,
with a particular focus on environmental awareness, financial
literacy, entrepreneurship and health.