Belgium Business Unit
The Belgium Business Unit comprises the activities of KBC Bank NV and KBC Insurance NV, and their Belgian subsidiaries, such as CBC Banque, KBC Asset Management, KBC Lease Group (Belgium) and KBC Securities.
KBC’s position in the Belgian market in 2019*
- 518 bank branches
- 355 insurance agencies
- Estimated market share of 20% for traditional bank products, 30% for investment funds, 13% for life insurance and 9% for non-life insurance
- 3.5 million customers
- Loan portfolio of 112 billion euros and deposits & debt securities of 131 billion euros
* Market shares and customer numbers: based on own estimates. Share for traditional bank products: average estimated market share for loans and deposits. Market share for life insurance: incl. group insurance).
A unique bancassurance business model
- Unique cooperation between our bank branches and insurance agencies in micro markets
- Branches focus on bank and standard insurance products, and refer clients to the insurance agency in the same micro market for other insurance products
- Insurance agencies sell the full range of insurance products and handle all claims, including those relating to policies taken out at a bank branch
Focus in the coming years : being closer to our clients, always and everywhere.
- We focus on an omnichannel approach and invest in the seamless integration of our different distribution channels (branches, agencies, advisory centres, websites and mobile apps). We are also investing specifically in the further digital development of our banking and insurance services. Where necessary, we collaborate with partners through ‘eco-systems’ that enable us to offer our clients comprehensive solutions.
- We want to exploit our potential in Brussels more efficiently via the separate new brand, KBC Brussels, which reflects the capital’s specific cosmopolitan character and is designed to better meet the needs of the people living there.
- We want to grow bank-insurance further at CBC in specific market segments and to expand our presence and accessibility in Wallonia.
- We focus on working tirelessly on the ongoing optimisation of our bank-insurance model in Belgium.
- We want to continue our pursuit of becoming the reference bank for SMEs and mid-cap enterprises based on our thorough knowledge of the client and our personal approach.
- We want to express our commitment to Belgian society by taking initiatives in areas including environmental awareness, financial literacy, entrepreneurship and demographic ageing, as well by actively participating in the mobility debate.
Last update: 14-02-2020