Our culture and values
Our culture strongly encourages cooperation and is the basis on which we build our business strategy. It is the way we do things to become the reference and be regarded as positively contributing to society.
We use the acronym ‘PEARL+’ to define our culture and the way we behave.
- Performance: what we promise, we deliver
- Empowerment: we foster the creativity and talent of each individual employee
- Accountability: we take personal responsibility towards our clients, our colleagues, our shareholders, our communities
- Responsiveness: we act readily and sympathetically on suggestions, influences, appeals and efforts of our colleagues, management and clients
- Local embeddedness: we embrace the diversity of our teams and clients in the different core markets, and act accordingly
KBC is expanding further on its strong corporate culture of 'Pearl' and added an extra dimension, a '+'. This means that it will increasingly focus on the joint development and smart copy of solutions, initiatives and ideas within the group (in such areas as HR, strategy, finance and retail products/services) so that they are easy to use throughout the group. KBC is taking group-wide cooperation between the various countries and domains to an even higher level. This will make it possible to work more efficiently, to respond more quickly to change and to lever local talent/skills throughout the group.
We encourage all our employees to behave in a Responsive, Respectful and Results-driven way. These three values interact with each other and are key to the execution of KBC’s strategy.
- Respectful: we treat people as being equal, we are transparent, we appreciate people for what they do and who they are, we trust people
- Responsive: we anticipate and act readily and sympathetically on suggestions, influences appeals or efforts
- Result driven: we deliver what we promise, we meet objectives and deliver in line with the required time, cost and quality
Last update: 13-10-2020