International Markets Business Unit
The International Markets Business Unit comprises the activities conducted by:
- ČSOB, OTP Banka Slovensko and ČSOB Poist’ovňa in Slovakia
- K&H Bank and K&H Insurance in Hungary
- UBB and DZI Insurance in Bulgaria
- KBC Bank Ireland
|Market position in 2020*|
|Insurance network||Various channels||Various channels||Various channels||-|
|Loan portfolio (in billions of EUR)||6||10||4||10|
|Deposits debt securities (in billions of EUR)||9||9||5||5|
|- Bank products||11%||12%||9%||8% (retail)|
|- Investment funds||13%||12%||18%||-|
|- Life insurance||3%||3%||28%||-|
- Non-life insurance
* Market shares and customer numbers: based on own estimates; when calculating the figure for customer numbers, account was taken of the overlap (roughly estimated) between the various companies in the group. Share for traditional bank products: average estimated market share for loans and deposits. Market share for life insurance: guaranteed-interest and unit-linked products (combined).
- The updated group strategy presents a number of challenges for all countries in the business unit, viz.:
- To develop new and unique ‘bank-insurance+’ propositions.
- To continue digitally upgrading our distribution model.
- To drive up the volume of straight-through and scalable processing.
- To increase the capacity in relation to data and AI to enable us to proactively offer relevant and personalised solutions.
- To selectively expand our activities with a view to securing a top-three position in banking and a top-four position in insurance
- To implement a socially responsible approach in all countries, with a particular focus on environmental awareness, financial literacy, entrepreneurship and health.
- To become the undisputed leader in the area of innovation in Hungary. We are aiming to raise profitability by targeting income through vigorous client acquisition in all banking segments and through more intensive cross-selling. We also aim to expand our insurance activities substantially, primarily through sales at bank branches and, for non-life insurance, via both online and traditional brokers.
- To maintain our robust growth in strategic products in Slovakia (i.e. home loans, consumer finance, SME funding, leasing and insurance), partly through cross-selling to group clients and via digital channels. Other priorities include the sale of funds and increased fee income.
- To focus – as regards the banking business in Bulgaria – on increasing our share of the lending market in all segments, while applying a robust risk framework. Our insurer, DZI, is likewise maintaining its goal of growing faster than the market in both life and non-life insurance, via the bank and other channels.
- To focus fully on providing an outstanding client experience in Ireland. We aim to differentiate ourselves through the instant and proactive delivery of products and services and through a high level of accessibility (including mobile and contact centre). We will further develop our strong position in home loans and are fully committed to bank-insurance and to providing asset management products.