Our Corporate Strategy
Sustainability is not part of a separate strategy, but is instead integrated into our overall corporate strategy and is thus embedded in the four pillars of that strategy:
- We place our clients at the centre of everything we do.
- We look to offer our clients a unique bank-insurance experience.
- We focus on our group’s long-term development and aim in that way to achieve sustainable and profitable growth.
- We take our responsibility towards society and local economies very seriously.
We are convinced that our strategy – powered by our business culture and the contributions made by our people – is instrumental in earning, keeping and growing trust day by day and therefore in helping us become ‘the reference’ in our core markets.
Our Corporate Sustainability Strategy
Sustainability to KBC as a bank-insurer means that we are able to respond to the expectations of all involved stakeholders, not only today but also going forward.
In the first instance, it is therefore essential that we:
- are able to honour all our commitments without external support, and
- in so doing, maintain the trust of our clients, our investors, the authorities and supervisory bodies, our shareholders and our employees.
However, sustainability is only possible if we also maintain the trust of the society in which we operate, and therefore act as a responsible company by:
- being consistently conscious of the impact of our operations on society, and
- responding to societal needs and expectations in a balanced, relevant and transparent manner.
Based on our corporate strategy, but also considering the significant role we have to play in the local economies in our different core countries, it is not KBC’s ambition to become a ‘sustainability niche player’. This means that we will have to find the right balance at all times between business objectives and sustainability objectives.
We have translated our sustainability strategy into the following cornerstones:
As a bank-insurer, we want to increase the positive impact on society in those areas where we can make a difference through our everyday activities. View here for more information.
When carrying out all these activities, we want just as much to limit the possible adverse impact we have on society at large by implementing strict policies and sustainability guidelines, by reducing our own environmental footprint and by our approach towards Socially Responsible Investments (‘SRI funds’). Read more about limiting our adverse impact on society.
All of our activities have to be performed in a sustainable and responsible way.
In order to embed our corporate sustainability strategy into all activities, we have developed a sustainability framework: