Belgium Business Unit
The Belgium Business Unit comprises the activities of KBC Bank NV and KBC Insurance NV, and their Belgian subsidiaries, such as CBC Banque, KBC Asset Management, KBC Lease Group (Belgium) and KBC Securities.
KBC’s position in the Belgian market in 2020*
- 476 bank branches
- 336 insurance agencies
- Estimated market share of 19% for traditional bank products, 28% for investment funds, 13% for life insurance and 9% for non-life insurance
- 3.7 million customers
- Loan portfolio of 116 billion euros and deposits & debt securities of 135 billion euros
* Market shares and customer numbers: based on own estimates. Share for traditional bank products: average estimated market share for loans and deposits. Market share for life insurance: incl. group insurance).
A unique bancassurance business model
- Unique cooperation between our bank branches and insurance agencies in micro markets
- Branches focus on bank and standard insurance products, and refer clients to the insurance agency in the same micro market for other insurance products
- Insurance agencies sell the full range of insurance products and handle all claims, including those relating to policies taken out at a bank branch
- To continue pursuing our strategy of putting the interests of the client at the heart of all the products and services we develop and at the centre of everything we do. Our focus here is on a ‘digital first’ approach with a human touch, and investing in the seamless integration of our various distribution channels. We are working on the further digitalisation of our banking, insurance and asset management services and exploiting new technologies and data to provide our clients with more personalised and proactive solutions. Our digital assistant ‘Kate’, who was launched in November 2020, is taking this to the next level.
- To support these activities, we are also fully engaged in introducing end-to-end straight-through processing into all our commercial processes, making full use of all technological capabilities such as artificial intelligence.
- To expand our service provision via our own and other channels. We collaborate to this end with partners through ‘eco-systems’ that enable us to offer our clients comprehensive solutions. We are also integrating a range of selected partners into our own mobile app and making our products and services available in the distribution channels of selected third parties.
- To exploit our potential in Brussels more efficiently via the separate brand, KBC Brussels, which reflects the capital’s specific cosmopolitan character and is designed to better meet the needs of the people living there.
- To grow bank-insurance further at CBC in specific market segments and to expand our presence and accessibility in Wallonia.
- To work tirelessly on the ongoing optimisation of our bank-insurance model in Belgium.
- To continue pursuing our ambition to become the reference bank for SMEs and mid-cap enterprises in Belgium based on our thorough knowledge of the client and our personal approach.
- To express our commitment to Belgian society by taking initiatives in areas including environmental awareness, financial literacy, entrepreneurship and population ageing. We actively participate in the mobility debate and develop solutions.