In order to boost the positive impact we have on society, we have identified five focus domains in which we can create added value and respond to actual societal needs. We want to create this added value by developing innovative business solutions in each of those domains, with a specific focus on those aspects where a bank-insurer can really make a difference.
Financial literacy has three dimensions for KBC:
- Financial advice: helping clients make the right choices through good and transparent advice, and clear communication.
- Financial behaviour: using analysis to understand and respond to client behaviour more effectively.
- Financial education: raising citizens’ understanding of financial concepts and products. And that also means young people, since tomorrow’s financial consumers should be able to make carefully thought-out choices.
Please find below some concrete examples:
- ČSOB Education Programme, Education Fund and Blue Life Academy in the Czech Republic.
- Promotion of financial education through the national ‘K&H Ready, Steady, Money’ contest, which tests schoolchildren’s financial knowledge in Hungary.
- Financial education initiatives in all countries, including seminars, various master’s programmes, a range of digital learning packs and internships.