In order to boost the positive impact we have on society, we have identified five focus domains in which we can create added value and respond to actual societal needs. We want to create this added value by developing innovative business solutions in each of those domains, with a specific focus on those aspects where a bank-insurer can really make a difference.
Financial literacy has three dimensions for KBC:
- Financial advice: helping clients make the right choices through good and transparent advice, and clear communication.
- Financial behaviour: using analysis to understand and respond to client behaviour more effectively.
- Financial education: raising citizens’ understanding of financial concepts and products. And that also means young people, since tomorrow’s financial consumers should be able to make carefully thought-out choices.
Please find below some concrete examples:
- Transparent and comprehensible communications with all our customers
- Accessibility of products and services for people living with different impairments (K&H)
- Different financial education initiatives in all countries with the aim to raise our client’s understanding of financial concepts and products:
- seminar events,
- organization of - or collaboration with different master programs,
- digital learning offer, and
- internship programs