In order to boost the positive impact we have on society, we have identified five focus domains in which we can create added value and respond to actual societal needs. We want to create this added value by developing innovative business solutions in each of those domains, with a specific focus on those aspects where a bank-insurer can really make a difference.
Environmental responsibility to us means continuing to reduce our own environmental footprint and creating a variety of initiatives and targets to achieve that. It also means, however, taking further steps to develop business solutions that have a positive impact on the environment.
Please find below some concrete examples:
- Financing of a special Energy Saving Company, whereby the ESCO-company takes over the energy-saving investments from other companies
- KBC Renovation Loan for Owners’ Associations to provide flexible financing solutions for energy saving investments in apartment blocks.
- Placing the emphasis on digitisation to reduce paper consumption.
- KBC Insurance and KBC Autolease join a sustainable repair network.
- Creating KBC Mobility for sustainable and qualitative mobility solutions in Belgium.
- Focusing on multi-mobility at KBC Autolease, including the development of bicycle leasing.
- Signing the ‘Green Deal for Circular Procurement’ to help achieve a more circular economy in Flanders.
- Obtaining a ‘Leadership A-’ score in the 2017 Carbon Disclosure Project Climate Change Programme.