In order to boost the positive impact we have on society, we have identified five focus domains in which we can create added value and respond to actual societal needs. We want to create this added value by developing innovative business solutions in each of those domains, with a specific focus on those aspects where a bank-insurer can really make a difference.
Entrepreneurship, innovative thinking and economic growth go hand in hand at KBC. Entrepreneurship is in our genes, and by supporting innovative ideas and projects, we can contribute to economic growth, which is one of our fundamental objectives.
Please find below some concrete examples:
- Launching the e-stores programme in Bulgaria.
- Rolling out Start it @kbc from Belgium to other core countries.
- KBC Match’it, a digital platform for transferring businesses.
- Providing capital for start-ups via the KBC Start it Fund.
- Supporting local initiatives through the Bolero crowdfunding platform.
- Encouraging clients to take the step to e-commerce via Storesquare, FarmCafe and similar initiatives.
- Realising various European programmes to support small and micro businesses and SMEs.
- Launching the KBC Service to Associations to encourage involvement in clubs, societies and associations in Belgium.