Financial literacy has three dimensions for KBC:
- Financial advice: helping clients make the right choices through good and transparent advice, and clear communication.
- Financial behaviour: using analysis to understand and respond to client behaviour more effectively.
- Financial education: raising citizens’ understanding of financial concepts and products. And that also means young people, since tomorrow’s financial consumers should be able to make carefully thought-out choices.
Please find below some concrete examples:
- Launching financial education initiatives in all countries, including seminars, various master’s programmes, a range of digital learning packs and internships.
- ČSOB staff have been providing lessons on financial themes at various schools in the Czech Republic since 2016.
- Organising projects to simplify and improve our client communication.
- Running the ‘Get-a-teacher’ initiative at KBC Belgium to give schools the opportunity to extend financial knowledge by ‘ordering’ a teacher from KBC.